3rd-7th May 2019
*****PLEASE NOTE CHANGES TO DEPARTURE FOLLOWING A FIRE ON THE PONT AVEN. THE FERRY CROSSING WE HAD PLANNED TO TAKE IS CANCELLED AND BRITTANY FERRIES HAVE REBOOKED US ON THE DAY CROSSING ON FRIDAY 3rd.*****
Friday 3rd May
- 0515 Arrive Higher Buckeridge Road, Teignmouth. Parking available here and in neighbouring streets, eg Ashleigh Drive, Ashleigh Rise & Ashleigh Way, Hazeldown Road
- 0530 PROMPT departure of coach from Higher Buckeridge Road
Pickups in Bishopsteignton & Kingsteignton by arrangement
- 0800 ferry departs Plymouth
- 1500 Arrival in Roscoff, coach transfer to Perros
- 1630 approx. Welcome to Perros by host families at Place de Teignmouth
- 1800 Civic Reception at the Palais de Congrès to celebrate 40th twinning anniversary
- Inauguration of the twinning sculpture
- Dinner with host families
Please contact a member of the Committee if the new pick up time creates difficulties.
Cabin payments will be refunded in due course as no cabins have been booked on the day crossing.
Saturday 4th May
- 0845 Departure to the town of Moncontour by car
- 1000 Arrival Moncontour
- 1015-1200 Guided tour of the medieval town of Moncontour One group in French, the other in English
- 1230-1400 Meal at either Le Chaudron Magique or La Mulette restaurant
- Afternoon: free to return to Perros-Guirec. Possible visit on return route to: Lamballe, St Brieuc Bay area, Plouha’s Cliffs, Chatelaudren, Lanleff …
- Evening: Meet in groups for dinner
Sunday 5th May
- Free morning and afternoon to allow families to spend time together. Activities can be tailored to suit participants’ mobility, interests, needs and the weather.
- Suggested excursions: Boat trip to the Seven Islands, garden visits, La Roche Jagu castle & gardens, Lannion city tour.
- 1915 Formal dinner at Espace Rouzic, Perros-Guirec, with music & dancing (an occasion to dress up for).
Monday 6th May
- Morning : Free
- 1400-1700 choice of visits to
- Tonquédoc, medieval castle (€5 admission) or
- a snail breeding farm (€4 admission)
- 1800-1930 Farewell cold buffet at Espace Rouzic
- 2000 Departure of coach from restaurant to Roscoff
- 2300 L’Armorique night ferry departs Roscoff
Tuesday 7th May*
- 0630 Arrival in Plymouth to board coach back to Teignmouth
- 0800 approx. Arrival Buckeridge Road Teignmouth.